As of this morning, summer has officially bid us adieu. Every year that passes by I feel like the months and days are getting shorter and time is passing by far to quickly. While it may not have felt like summer ever really made presence this year, I did enjoy the few days that we did have. I’ve made a list of some of the highlights from this summer and I’m sharing a few photos from those events. So farewell summer 2014 and I’ll see you again next year.
(left to right)
- Bucket List Challenge – A trapeze class on the Lakeshore waterfront. Amazing, thrilling, and terrifying all at the same time!
- A Nashville vacation with some of the best college friends ever. Nashville I’m coming back for you soon!
- In full disclosure I must admit that I am terrified of horses. While I have always thought they were the most beautiful animals around, I never had any desire to go near one. However this summer with a huge nudge from Christine, I went on my very first country horse back ride. The scenery was beautiful and my horse was very gentle but let’s just say it was a one time thing for me.
- I had the travel bug this summer as I visited another new place for me – Madison, Wisconsin. I made my first drive into Wisconsin this past summer with Laurie & Lindsay and had a wonderful time exploring the unique city. I had a great time and throughly enjoyed my fair share of cheese curds & beer.
- I co-hosted a #YESWAYROSE event with Arin at one of my favorite rooftop bars, 52Eighty. This pre-lollapalooza party was a hit and everyone loved their floral sunglasses.
- I haven’t done a bar crawl since college but this summer I said goodbye to Lenka who is currently in an MBA program in France. I had a wonderful time dressed as a fish and running through the city for her goodbye bar crawl.
- Earlier this summer I was invited to join Glam/Mode Media! I’m officially part of the Mode family and you can read a few upcoming articles and fun this I have planned with them in the November edition of the Mode Media App.
- Summer Concert Series – This was my second year attending Lollapalooza and every year it seems to get crazier. A huge thank you to ASOS for sponsoring my wardrobe and ticket this year, I had an amazing time. I also had the chance to see Beyonce & Jay-Z perform as well as Carrie Underwood.
- Since moving to the city 2 years ago, I’ve barely made it to any tourist attractions. With my brother in town for a visit, I finally made my way over to the Art Institute and the Field Museum.
- The bachelorette pad – yes for the first time in my life I am living in my own little corner of the world. So far the experience has been exciting and decorating has been extremely therapeutic.
- You may have noticed that my blog got a face lift this summer and it is all thanks to Lindsay over at White Oak Creative. Lindsay did an amazing job moving my blog from Blogger to WordPress and brought to life my jumbled mess of ideas into one amazing looking blog. I owe her many thanks for what she created. If you are looking for your own blog design, head on over to Lindsay’s site to check out her portfolio of work.