Turkey Taco Soup
- · 1 ½ pounds of ground turkey
- · 1 medium onion, chopped
- · 1 packet taco seasoning (I prefer Trader Joes brand)
- · 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- · 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- · 15 oz can black beans, drained
- · 8 oz can crushed tomatoes
- · 8 oz can tomato sauce
- · 1 cup frozen corn
- · 4 cups vegetable broth
In a large stockpot, brown turkey and onions on medium-high heat; break up with a large spoon into small pieces. When cooked through, drain any access fat.
To the pot add 1 packet of taco seasoning, Rotel, kidney and black beans, crush tomatoes, tomato sauce and vegetable broth. Bring soup to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Add 1 cup of frozen corn to the pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes – until corn is cooked through.
Serve with a few Dorito “taco” flavored chips and any of your favorite toppings – plain greek yogurt, reduced fat cheese, etc.