- · 1 cup all-purpose flour
- · ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- · ½ teaspoon baking soda
- · ½ teaspoon salt
- · 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips; divided
- · 1 stick unsalted butter
- · ½ cup sugar
- · 2 large eggs
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- · 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- · ½ cup of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a small heavy pan melt 4 ounces of chocolate chips with the 1 stick of butter on a low heat until it is all melted.
- Transfer the chocolate sauce to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl; mix on medium speed until well combined. Reduced the mixer speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined. Turn off the mixture and fold in the rest of the chocolate chips and nuts into the dough.
- Scoop the batter into 1 inch balls and place each one 2 inches apart of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon slightly flatten the balls, and then place 3-4 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie.
- Bake until the cookies are flat and the surface begins to crack, the marshmallows are melted and begin to brow; about 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.