These days I sometimes feel like The Pioneer Woman living in my own little apartment with a small kitchen that is void of all major appliances. Up until this past Monday, I lived without a microwave, an appliance I am realizing is a total necessity in my life. However this lack of convenience has led me to explore new ways to make my favorite snacks; namely popcorn.
Last month I shared my Dark Chocolate S’More Popcorn recipe that was absolutely perfect for my sweet tooth. This month I’ve moved on to a more savory recipe that includes two of my favorite cheeses and garlic. The mixture reminds me of garlic cheesy bread or “pokey sticks” for those of you who attended MSU and had the privilege of eating those delicious strips of cheesy bread. If you never heard of or even tasted a pokey stick, I can guarantee that it will be the most delicious item that you will ever cross your lips – go find them now!
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- dash of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a heavy saucepan add your popcorn kernels, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the minced garlic. Place a lid on top of the saucepan and turn on the heat to a medium setting. In about 3-4 minutes your kernels should start to pop and will continue to pop every 10-15 seconds. Once popping slows down, remove from heat.
- Quickly mix in your cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, dried basil and a few dashes of garlic salt. ENJOY!